Wednesday 10 February 2010

Tony Blair attacks "Conspiracy Theories"

This article in the Daily Mail gave me a good chuckle.

I'm always accused of being a "conspiracy theorist" myself. I look for motive and opportunity in the world of human beings. According to popular culture, that means I'm a paranoid loony who wears a tin-foil hat.

You might not define yourself in those terms, but its very likely that the government does put you in the "conspiracy theorist" box every time that you disagree with them.

Of course, the real nub of the issue here is the truth. Blair did not complain about "wrongness" or "inaccuracy". He criticised a way of thinking.

I might say that he just wants to avoid any scrutiny of the facts, but that would make me a "conspiracy theorist" wouldn't it?

Pssst...Did you know that the Reichstag Fire was an inside job?

No comments: